Makent Cars 1 allows owners to choose among three standardized cancellation policies (Flexible, Moderate, and Strict) that we will enforce to protect both rider and owner alike. The Super Strict cancellation policies apply to special circumstances and are by invitation only. The Long Term cancellation policy applies to all reservations of 28 days or more. Each listing and reservation on our site will clearly state the cancellation policy. Riders may cancel and review any penalties by viewing their ride plans and then clicking 'Cancel' on the appropriate reservation.
Flexible: Full refund 1 day prior to pickup, except fees
- The Makent Cars 1 service fee is non-refundable.
- If there is a complaint from either party, notice must be given to Makent Cars 1 within 24 hours of pickup.
- Makent Cars 1 will mediate when necessary, and has the final say in all disputes.
- A reservation is officially canceled when the rider clicks the cancellation button on the cancellation confirmation page, which they can find in Dashboard > Your Trips > Change or Cancel.
- Cancellation policies may be superseded by the Rider Refund Policy, safety cancellations, or extenuating circumstances. Please review these exceptions.
- Applicable taxes will be retained and remitted.
For a full refund, cancellation must be made a full 24 hours prior to listing’s local pickup time (or 3:00 PM if not specified) on the day of pickup. For example, if pickup is on Friday, cancel by Thursday of that week before pickup time.
If the rider cancels less than 24 hours before pickup, the first day is non-refundable.
If the rider arrives and decides to leave early, the days not spent 24 hours after the official cancellation are 100% refunded.